.. is one where I'm creating and sustaining amazingly positive changes in myself, other people and the environment around me.
I believe this is possible by staying true to my values of nature, balance and mindfulness.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Animal acupuncture

I've been receiving lots of requests to treat animals this year, mostly dogs but also a few cats, horses and even two goats! Although the feedback from the treatments has been positive, I realise I could be providing a much better service with some further training..
..so I've enrolled to do a post-graduate certificate in Animal Acupuncture and I start in two weeks. I can't wait!
Watch this space for updates on how my studies are progressing and details of what conditions I'm able to treat and how you can book in for treatment.
Bye for now,
David.
My 22nd birthday present to myself, otherwise known as Arncha. My first ever animal patient!

Update: Spending 5 days in Byron Bay hanging out with a bunch of horses and learning with a great group of students was hard but someone had to do it! 

I learnt so much about horses - anatomy and where the acupuncture points are, general handling and management (how to not get kicked!), and common horse diseases and their treatment.

It was a nice environment to learn in, Byron Bay and surrounds is always a great place to visit, and the lessons were held on a property with plenty of trees and grass. Myself and 5 other students spent our time treating 20 different horses that are utilised by a local tourist operator offering rides on the beach.

Tom is an excellent teacher having had 18 years experience with treating animals and has plenty of knowledge to share.  I'm really looking forward to going back again next year to learn more.

I'll have the full diploma completed midway through 2015. Until then I'll be available for animal acupuncture treatments at student prices ie. by donation only.

Best classroom ever!

1 comment:

  1. This post is awesome, would it be okay if I ask question? Acupuncture Thank you so much and so glad I found your site..

    ReplyDelete